Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle 4th gen

I have been having troubles with my ipod shuffle. I have charged it from my computer, or from plug in unit. It will only play 10 songs then it dies even though it has a full charge. Anyone else having this same issue? It is not quite a year old & I don't remember it doing this when I first got it.

iPod shuffle

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Hey Farmer MIchelle,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with your iPod shuffle. To isolate these issues, let’s try resetting your iPod:

Resetting iPod shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1655

To reset iPod shuffle:

1. Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).

2. Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to the OFF position. Note that when iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.

User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file
1st generation
2nd generation
3rd generation
4th generation

3. Wait five seconds. For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), wait ten seconds.

4. Move the switch to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position. For iPod shuffle (2nd and 4th generation), slide the power switch on (and you can see the green stripe).

iPod shuffle is now reset. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now. For general troubleshooting steps see the iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ.

Thanks,

Matt M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2014 12:42 PM in response to Farmer MIchelle

Hey Farmer MIchelle,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with your iPod shuffle. To isolate these issues, let’s try resetting your iPod:

Resetting iPod shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1655

To reset iPod shuffle:

1. Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).

2. Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to the OFF position. Note that when iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.

User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file
1st generation
2nd generation
3rd generation
4th generation

3. Wait five seconds. For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), wait ten seconds.

4. Move the switch to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position. For iPod shuffle (2nd and 4th generation), slide the power switch on (and you can see the green stripe).

iPod shuffle is now reset. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now. For general troubleshooting steps see the iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ.

Thanks,

Matt M.

ipod shuffle 4th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.