Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking Telenor Sweden PLEASE!!

Hey guys. Got my phone from a friend in Greece. When i got it it was Activated but locked on Telenor Sweden. I knew that i will Unlock so i got it. I requested a Pre-order from a famous Unlocking site but i am still waiting for that 6 months already.. but thats another story.. A month ago i paid to a Phone shop in Romania to UNLOCK it. They said that they put the wrong data for unlocking in the server and they got me round and round (i know that they are not serious ( found out after )) so today they said it was Activated from last night and to put my phone thru ITUNES and wait 30 min and will be ready. So nothing happened. and THATS 1 MONTH waiting. After that calling few time From Germany because currently i live here he said that he will restart and in 20 min to keep it plugged with ITUNES and will be ready and to wait for his text. AND NOTHING !! When i take the sim tray out i see there is wrote at the signal bar NO SERVICE but nothing! i have resoft few time but still nothing ! POSSIBLE for getting tricked by them! Anyway they might the police in contact with them. Beacuse are money in the middle. PLEASE help for unlocking !

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Locked on Telenor Sweden

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 9:06 AM

14 replies

Apr 25, 2017 7:59 AM in response to Michael Black

So,

• I just unlocked my iphone 5 with my UK credit card, it doesn't seem to matter on the website.
  • the information dated 2014 relates to mobile wifi hotspots.

Listen I admit this may not be a problem that often occurs, the original topic is regarding an iphone 5 which is locked to Telenor and outside of Sweden. Allot of iphone 5's from Scandinavia are sold second hand in Europe, especially as more contracts come to an end or people wish to buy newer phones. If they no longer lock iphones then no one will have this problem or search for it therefore they would never click the link to find out that they don't lock iphones.

But if and in the case someone form Europe has this problem all I did is post the solution on the apple website.

There is no need to point out any other information as it is not relevant to this discussion topic. I do not understand why it is such a problem to respond with a solution of a problem which still occurs despite the low probability of it reoccurring?

I didn't come here to show off my knowledge of Apple, Telenor or Sweden. I had a problem researched it, found the solution and thought I may as well share this in case.

Can't you just say thanks for the solution however late it is?

Apr 25, 2017 6:49 AM in response to Csound1

Why, I came here fist to find no helpful information and then had to VPN into Sweden to find the answer I was looking for. Is this not how the community help? Is it not the whole point of this discussion board to share information considering this is obviously still a problem that is occurring? Hence why I tried to assist others only to be trolled...

Apr 25, 2017 6:57 AM in response to Csound1

Correct, replying to the only community topic regarding an ongoing problem which advises a negative solution until my post advising the solution, is not trolling. However, what your doing now is defined as trolling. This problem is obviously still occurring, I posted a response to ensure anyone who believes the apple community still works has a solution should this reoccur. Now please stop trolling me.

Apr 25, 2017 7:13 AM in response to EchoAlphaEcho

You might want to add then, from the very link you provided, that the OP would need a Swedish debit card to pay the unlocking fee for devices purchased with Telenor prior to 2014 (that appears to be the sole payment method telenor accepts for unlocking older devices). Given that they lived in Greece at the time of the original post, your link may well not be very helpful.

And anybody with an iPhone 5s or newer will never need that link, since telenor no longer locks iPhones (according to your linked site).

Apr 29, 2014 9:36 AM in response to A Milciu

Apple does not unlock phones. Only the carriers do. You have wasted money on "shops" and "famous unlocking sites" which take your money. You have been scammed.

Telenor will not unlock that phone because they do not offer unlocking in any case. If you bought the phone from your friend, return it for a refund. If not and he will not refund your money, you are stuck with a brick.

No one here can help you with your dilema.

Unlocking Telenor Sweden PLEASE!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.