Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Rogers Modem/Router, very strong signal, that's good. Can't get the Airport Express to work, that's bad. Believe me, I've tried everything Apple has suggested....I think. I'm totally frustrated, thanks.

Hello and Help

New Rogers Modem/Router, very strong signal, that's good. Can't get the Airport Express to work, that's bad. Believe me, I've tried everything Apple has suggested....I think. I'm totally frustrated, thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 9:15 AM

7 replies

Apr 29, 2014 9:31 AM in response to Mix Nut

Unfortunately, you have not told us what exactly it is that you want the AirPort Express to do to "work"....and we have no idea of what Apple has suggested.

Will the Express extend the Rogers network wirelessly?

Will the Express extend the Rogers network using a wired Ethernet connection?

Will the Express be used only for AirPlay? Wireless connection? Wired connection?

Will the Express be used for a combination of things?

What is the model number of the AirPort Express?

Apr 29, 2014 9:46 AM in response to Mix Nut

No. A1084

There is the problem.

The Mavericks (10.9.2) operating system that you are using does not support the older AirPort model that you have.

You will need....or be able to borrow for 10-15 minutes.....a Mac running the Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x) operating systems. A PC might work as well if you have the right version of AirPort Utility installed for the product.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.