Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connection doesn´t work in Mac Book 5.1 with windows 7 x86 via bootcamp 4

I have installed Bootcamp 4 drivers and all features are fully working except the Wireless conncetion.

The airport wifi scans and works but i click connect to my wifi and i get an error saying that it´s not possible to connect.

In the Mac OS X side wifi works perfectly and in an other computer with Win7 works the connection..

Anyone know what can i do?

i tried reinstalling everything (bootcamp drivers, Windows7 OS, installing other version of boot camp)but i can´t fix this problem

thanks for helping

MacBook, Windows 7, Windows7 in bootcamp and OS X 10.9

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 8:58 AM

9 replies

Apr 29, 2014 5:36 PM in response to jvpag

I just found a fix!!!!! Turn OFF your computer. Wait 5 minutes. Turn back on. Open the devices folder on the USB Flash drive you used when you partitioned your drives (I copied my windows support files myself from support.com rather than from Bootcamp 5 onto my flash drive) .

Open the Bootcamp folder, open the Devices Folder and then the Broadcom folder. Then run all the x64 device files in that folder.

I did it, and everything worked! Of course you have to make sure that you create your network wireless connection etc. etc. but it works and WoW am I ever happy 😉

Apr 21, 2015 3:32 PM in response to jvpag

It depends on your Mac model. Please see System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support.

For example, for a 13 inch 2012 MBP it is Boot Camp Support Software 4.1.4586.

Post Date: Mar 14, 2013

File Size: 414.74 MB

System Requirements

• Mac mini (Late 2012)
  • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-in, Mid 2012)
  • iMac (21.5-in, Late 2012)
  • iMac (27-in, Late 2012)
  • Windows 7

Wifi connection doesn´t work in Mac Book 5.1 with windows 7 x86 via bootcamp 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.