Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any good iphone monitoring suggestions

I need to put something on my kid's iPhone 5C so I can keep tabs on her. I would like the most visibility possible. I want to know everything she's doing on there. has anyone had success with a certain one? The ones I have found are not cheap. Some require jailbreaking, others don't. I want to get as much feedback as possible before purchasing. Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 7:56 AM

13 replies

Apr 30, 2014 8:03 AM in response to Sweet Bee

Without jailbreaking the phone, there's very little you can install on an iPhone that will do what you want. Jailbreaking will void your warranty and make the phone vulerable to malware. You may want to talk to your carrier about what sorts of usage monitoring services they offer. Consult the manual to educate yourself on the restricions available on the iPhone itself. Consider getting your child a basic phone if she is not mature enough to be trusted with a smart phone.

Apr 30, 2014 8:50 AM in response to varjak paw

Thanks varjak paw. Big help. I think "Consider getting your child a basic phone if she is not mature enough to be trusted with a smart phone" was rude. I did not ask what phone to get me child, so that does not fall under the "as much feedback as possible" I was hoping to collect. Why did you even bother posting? Are you that bored? Sorry if I was rude, but I don't think their comment was helpful or polite. Yours wasn't either.

Apr 30, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Sweet Bee

Meg gave you a considered answer. You can't do what you want with an iPhone, so providing a phone with fewer features is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

And my reply was not intended to be polite. It was intended as a wakeup call to you for your attitude. No one in these forums owes you one second of their time. Everyone here provides their assistance out of the goodness of their hearts. I would ask that you keep that in mind when you castigate someone for providing their opinion.

No need to reply further. I have no interest in debating with people as inconsiderate of others are you clearly are.

Apr 30, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Sweet Bee

Sweet Bee wrote:

When I post the question, "What phone should I get my child," you can comment on that. I don't think I asked you that though.

I gave you the best answers I had and what are probably some of the best answers available. I took time out of my day to try to help you. If you don't like my answers, the polite thing to do would simply have been to say "Thank you." Should you have been unable to muster even that basic level of civility, saying nothing would have been appropriate.

Apr 30, 2014 10:26 AM in response to varjak paw

The problem I have is, getting a non-smart phone is kind of obvious. There are apps or programs out there that do what I am asking. If you are not aware of them, you didn't need to post anything. I do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post though. That was very kind of you. FYI, your comment, "Consider getting your child a basic phone if she is not mature enough to be trusted with a smart phone" was condescending and presumptuous. Thanks again!

Jul 16, 2014 9:08 PM in response to Sweet Bee

I have heard good things about this one, and it does not require jailbreaking your phone.

http://www.teensafe.com

http://firsttoknow.com/how-to-spy-on-your-kids-iphone-text-messages/

I have been trying to do the same thing, except that I wish to monitor MYSELF, in order to answer the question "where did my time go today?."

I have found some interesting ideas with an app called IFFT (If this then that). You can, for example, have your phone text your husband (or text Evernote with the time that you left) whenever you leave for the day. I haven't tried it yet, but how about having it send you a copy of all of your daughter's texts? Or you could do something similar with Facebook postings.

I know that Verizon Familybase does some of this monitoring stuff too. Hang in there, the new iOS release for the app "Rescuetime" has lots of potential, if it is half as effective as their web app.

Cheers!

Any good iphone monitoring suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.