Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing problems between iPad and Jam2 speaker

iPad (iOS 7.1.1) does not detect Jam2 speaker via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting both the iPad and the speaker, updated iOS, but iPad still doesn't find The speaker. My iPhone 5 does detect it!

Any hints?

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 8:00 AM

you might try this.

http://https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5689128?answerId=24236555022#24236555022

8 replies

Apr 30, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Pindaromo

the first time one connect a new device to a bluetooth headset or speakers one have to put the speakers/headset into pairing/discovery mode otherwise one can't pair them

also make sure it's not connected to another device one can't pair a new device if the headset/speakers have an active connection to something else

Apr 30, 2014 9:07 AM in response to JimHdk

Thank you. Tried everything; after messing around with the L-Mono-R slider, the iPad now detects the speaker. Interestingly, sometimes it detects it as Jam2 (when both the jam2 button and the BT light are blinking fast)and if it turn the speaker off and on again, the iPad will detect it as Jam Plus.

In both instances, when I press the device name in the iPad and error message appears saying: "Connection Unsuccessful, Make sure Jam Plus is turned on and in range". I then turn the speaker off and on again but the error keeps on popping up repeatedly. Any other tips? Thx!

Apr 30, 2014 9:37 AM in response to Pindaromo

There are a fair number of other threads with similar issues, so you are not alone. Make sure that there are no other BT devices on or paired with the pad., and make sure the jam is 'discoverable.'

as a last resort - from the jam web page - maybe give them a call.

Customer Support

Getting Help Online

To find demos, instruction manuals, and warranty information for your product, simply locate your product on our website and go to the "support" tab near the bottom of that product page.

Getting Live Assistance

If you're not able to find what you need online, as always, feel free to email our Consumer Relations Department or call us at 1-888-802-0040. Helpline hours are 8:30am to 7:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.

Mar 24, 2015 12:12 PM in response to Pindaromo

I had this issue today. what worked for me was turning on BT on the iphone, then press and hold the power button on the Jam2, but keep holding it. It should power on, then power off, then back on. Thats when pairing worked for me. My phone was able to detect it every time before that but kept saying pairing unsuccessful. So I just kept holding the power button. Again, press and hold it, let it power on, then power off, then back on, all while holding its power button. Then try to pair it.

Pairing problems between iPad and Jam2 speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.