Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Colors on a Shared Exchange Calendar

I am accessing a shared exchange calendar on my Mac/Mavericks OSX. When I shared the delegate calendar in ical preferences, it defaulted to the same color as my icloud calendar color (which I dont want to change). My delgation authority for the shared calendar is "read only" which I cant change at the exchange level. I seemed to have this working on a prior configuration but cant seem to find a way to change the color on this shared calendar (the other person's calendar I have shared to my MAC). When I go to "get info" on the calendar, the color selection and even name change has been greyed out and not accessable.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 8:03 AM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2014 10:59 AM in response to netmax

Name is easy to change, just select the name in the sidebar and click once. You should be able to change the text/name.

But the color is an other story... if you open "get info" the color is grayed-out (as is the name, so you cannot change it from there)

Anybody any idea how to change the color, i have two delegates of the total of four with the same color, very confusing in the calendar layout...

Feb 15, 2016 4:46 AM in response to Melissa Mangino

I too had this same problem, after some trial and error I found a way to change the colours! See my two blog posts below which contain tutorials on how to add a delegated calendar to Apple Calendar/iCal and how to change the colours:

http://matt-stone.co.uk/how-to-add-microsoft-office-365-shared-calendars-to-appl e-calendar-for-os-x/

http://matt-stone.co.uk/change-colours-microsoft-office-365-shared-calendars-app le-calendar-os-x/

Changing Colors on a Shared Exchange Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.