Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did Pages 5.2 put my auto-correct?!

Used to be under Preferences>Auto-correct. I could type Blvd and it would auto-correct to Boulevard. WHERE IS IT?!? I'm typing evaluations and I typed "mi&n" (which USED to auto correct to "medically indicated and necessary") and now it does nothing.

I've searched and found nothing - officially worst upgrade ever if they left out auto-correct! (IMO)

Please, someone, please tell me where the auto-correct is on this upgrade before I curse out Apple and downgrade back to 4.3...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 10:11 AM

It is in the System preferences now. Language and text (something like that, I am on Snow Leopard right now)

11 replies

May 4, 2014 9:20 AM in response to Jayderaven

This is very helpful -- thanks. But all I want to do is have Pages autocorrect from lower case "i" to upper case "I", and when I enter "i" it tells me that a valid original text must include at least two characters, and can't include a space. Has anyone found a way around this? (This is a minor annoyance, I know, but I've been trained by previous versions of Pages to just leave my "i"s uncapitalised and move on!)

Dec 14, 2014 9:27 AM in response to Jayderaven

Auto correct has a bug. There's no way to add single letter words. This has gone on WAY too long. I've posted in their online Feedback at least 10 times. They need to fix this. I've just spent $40 for TextExpander simply to allow me to have single letter words capitalized. There's no excuse for this. Several advisers have told me this is a problem that should be fixed. But one guy—a senior adviser no less—actually said, "...at the risk of sounding glib, why don't you just use the shift key?" Really?!

Where did Pages 5.2 put my auto-correct?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.