Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone 4 says it only contains 5GB of software memory.. So out of my 5GB I am using 2.8GB , Thus Not allowing me to do a software upate seeing the update required 3.8GB of memory which I do not have. Advice??

My I phone 4 says it only contains 5GB of software memory.. So out of my 5GB I am using 2.8GB , It is not allowing me to do a software upate seeing the update required 3.8GB of memory which I do not have. I have been having trouble with my face time and wondering if updating my software will fix my phones new lack of abilily to run face time. I do not know what caused this sudden change to my facetime . It was working fine two weeks ago. Im not tec Savy and I only use my phone fo rmaking calls, texting, and facetime. Your current update in software is completly not relevent to my phone model but im trying to download the update software using my daughter's Macbook pro.> Itunes . I only want the Face Time to work I do not care for the exranious "finger touch recognition, movies, games music etc"

-Fustrated Iphone owner my OPERATING SYSTEM is iOS 4.2.6 ..??

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.7

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 1:34 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2014 2:05 PM in response to 1Zoar

Update the device via iTunes on the computer.

1Zoar wrote:

I only want the Face Time to work I do not care for the exranious "finger touch recognition, movies, games music etc"

Unless the device is physically upgraded to (i.e replaced with) an iPhone 5S, updating the iOS will not added any finger print recognition. Software updates do not add hardware functionality.

Seriously though, iOS 4.2.6 is ancient. Update the iOS to obtain all the security fixes that have been released.

My I phone 4 says it only contains 5GB of software memory.. So out of my 5GB I am using 2.8GB , Thus Not allowing me to do a software upate seeing the update required 3.8GB of memory which I do not have. Advice??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.