Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating my iphone 4 to ios 7.1.1 and restoring my backup on it but ask me for activating by apple ID which i forget it please help me

updating my iphone 4 to ios 7.1.1 and restoring my backup on it but ask me for activating by apple ID which i forget it

this is a pic from the device User uploaded file

my email is mariam-978@hotmail.com

and the first charctar is M*****@hotmail.com is that mean any thing i tried my email and passcode and that what happen

User uploaded file

anyone have an idea how can i acivate it ... please apple users help me

this is the IMIE of the device : 012654007174014

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 3:54 PM

9 replies

May 3, 2014 10:23 AM in response to Panado0l

If you don't know the Apple ID and password that was used to enable Find my iPhone the only option is to return the phone if it was not purchased new. There is no way you will ever be able to make it work. Activation Lock is the antitheft feature of iOS 7.

If you are the first owner and can prove it with a receipt contact Apple Account Security, prove that you are the owner of the phone AND of that Apple ID, and they can reset the password (and, if necessary the Apple ID) of the account. See: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699

updating my iphone 4 to ios 7.1.1 and restoring my backup on it but ask me for activating by apple ID which i forget it please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.