Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning more than one movie to DVD

This'll sound dumb but I would like to know if (and how) I can burn multiple .dv movies using iDVD5. As far as I can tell, iDVD5 only handles one movie at a time. In iMovie5, I created a number of movies and shared/saved them at maximum quality (.dv). They play fine in QT. Now, I want to burn them all onto a DVD. Is this possible?

Digital Audio G4 (enhanced), Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Aug 25, 2006 9:23 PM

5 replies

Aug 25, 2006 10:04 PM in response to John Bevan

Hello John,

that is definitely possible - you just have to make sure that your combined movies (incl. the DVD menus) don't exceed 120 min (for better quality keep it under 90 min).

Simply open iDVD choose a menu (and customize as necessary), then import your movies one by one, either dragging them from the media pane or choosing File > Import > Video from the menu.

Make sure you create a disk image of your DVD, rather than burning directly from iDVD. That way you can check it with DVD Player on your Mac before burning, and the .img file can be stored for future burns.

hope this helps

mish

Aug 30, 2006 10:14 AM in response to mishmumken

What do you mean by "create a disk image of your DVD, rather than burning directly from iDVD".

I'm in a HUGE problem and I'm hoping your answer to the above will help, if not please help in any way you can. I have to have a DVD burned to give to a client TODAY. I thought all was well as I watched the entire movie in idvd and burned it to a DVD. However, when I play the DVD on my DVD player (tv) it didn't burn the ENTIRE movie. I've tried burning it twice and NOTHING works, in fact, each time it burned it to stop at a different point, none of which were the acutal end of hte movie.

Please help!!!!

Aug 30, 2006 12:39 PM in response to MacSeven

Hello Smiley,

you should create a new topic for your question. That way it will receive more attention and other users may benefit from possible solutions as well.

.... but as you are here already:

Do you have chapters in your movie?
If so check that you have set them according to "The Rules of Chapter Markers":
- No chapter markers on or within 2 seconds of a transition.
- No chapter markers within 2 seconds of the beginning or the end of the movie.

Also:
1. free some space on the startup drive (15-20GB recommended)
2. Trash preferences (com.apple.iDVD.plist) and empty trash
3. Repair Disk Permissions using Disk Utility

Now create a new iDVD project and import your iMovie. Do not use the "Share to iDVD" option in iMovie, but save and quit iMovie then open iDVD and drag in your movie from the media pane or choose File > Import > Video.

. iDVD is NOT a disc burning app, so leave that work to software designed for it. Instead use iDVD's "Save as Disc Image" option (File > Save as Disk image). This creates an .img file on your HDD, that can be stored for future use and gives you the option to preview your DVD on your Mac before burning to disc.
Use Disc Utility or Toast to burn your DVD at slow speed. 4x is acceptable, 2x (... or even 1x) is better.
Use high quality DVD-R (not DVD+R) media (e.g. Verbatim) to minimize burn errors and compatibility issues. Make sure the DVD is compatible with slow burn speed (e.g. 1x-4x)

hope this helps

mish

Burning more than one movie to DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.