Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot utilize AirPrint - linksys ea6100 model

My old Linksys router died and replaced it with a new model EA6100, I installed everything on the new network and thinks are communicating fine. I tried to print something from my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 and 5 and none of these devices recognize the AirPrint functionality. With my 10 year old old linksys this was not a problem. The printer was consistent in both scenarios HP 6520 am struggling to figure out why and linksys tells me it's not a router problem but that is the only thing in the equation that changed?

iPad

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2014 9:04 PM

An idea, remember the disc you had to run when you first set the printer up ? Try running it again. I'm not 100% but if I remember correctly the purpose of the disc is to get the printer on the same system as the wifi router.

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Blackhawks13

I have experienced a similar problem and recently was told by Cisco tech services that the Ea6100 is incapable of linking apple devices to hp printers using AirPrint. They indicated that their "engineers are working on a firmware patch" but have chosen not to document this "undocumented program feature" on this website. I would recommend you return this device to wherever you purchased it and ask for a full refund as I did. Netgear here I come.

Jan 15, 2016 2:15 PM in response to bzkfrl

I was having this problem with my iPad not printing to my new Brother MFC-J870DW. My router is also Linksys EA6100.

The problem was solved by accessing my printer via its IP address in my browser. The Brother printer's Home Page offered the option to "Update Firmware". That did it for me... my iPad, and Mac (with OS 10.6 or higher) are printing.

Cannot utilize AirPrint - linksys ea6100 model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.