Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web journal editing and printing

Hi,

I've just returned from travelling for 6 months and during my time away I created 2 web journals on my ipad using iphoto. I just assumed that printing would be a feature, but it isn't. Not sure why because you can print photo books but not the web journals. Has anyone got a way that I am able to print them into a book?

Also one of the web journals is 20 pages long and now I can't edit it. Every time I press edit it just crashes. Any ways around this?

Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on May 1, 2014 6:03 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2014 6:20 AM in response to Hipgrave1

I just assumed that printing would be a feature, but it isn't. Not sure why because you can print photo books but not the web journals. Has anyone got a way that I am able to print them into a book?

Do you also have access to a Mac? Then export your journal to iTunes, see: http://help.apple.com/iphoto/iphone/2.0/blnkee26bc1f.html

This way the HTML files of your journal will be shared to your mac, and you can try to import the html documents into word processing software to create a printable document.

Also one of the web journals is 20 pages long and now I can't edit it. Every time I press edit it just crashes. Any ways around this?

If your largest journal is crashing, you are probably running out of memory on your iPad. Free some space by saving photos to a computer and deleting them from the iPad.

May 1, 2014 6:47 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the reply.

I have a mac and did export the journals to iTunes. I can print the web page but this isn't much use as I'm wanting to get it printed into an actual book.

The largest journal is the one that is crashing, I already did free up a lot of space. But didn't work. I have 26gb free on a 64gb ipad3

Thanks

May 2, 2014 4:30 AM in response to LarryHN

As your question does not involve iPhoto for the Mac where you posted I will request that it be moved to the iPhoto for IOS forum

Larry, there is nothing that can be done in iPhoto on iOS to help Hipgrave1- the web journal can be shared online or sent to a computer as HTML files using iTunes. There is no way to turn a journal into a printable photo book in iPhoto for iOS, other than creating a photo book in the first place. But the templates for photo books in iPhoto iOS are not suitable for journals. You cannot enter much text.

If he can transfer the HTML to the Mac he could recreate the Journal as iPhoto book in iPhoto on the mac. Are there any tools to help to transfer the text?

-- Léonie

May 2, 2014 4:40 AM in response to Hipgrave1

The largest journal is the one that is crashing, I already did free up a lot of space. But didn't work. I have 26gb free on a 64gb ipad3

Either your journal contains corupted images, or the iPhoto library needs repairing, or ypu are having a system trouble on your iPhone.

Try to remove the photos you added last to your journal, before it stopped working.

There is no way to repair your iPhoto library on the iPad, other than reinstalling iPhoto, but that will delete all application data, an your journals will be gone.

Try all other options mentioned here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

Web journal editing and printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.