Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to review my iphoto book, but got the error message: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.chameleon.componentGenerator error 8.) Does anyone know how I can preview my photo book?

I tried to review my iphoto book, but got the error message: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.chameleon.componentGenerator error 8.) Does anyone know how I can preview my photo book?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 1, 2014 9:42 AM

7 replies

May 1, 2014 10:53 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you for this suggestion. I tried this, but still got the same error message. I have ordered iphoto books from Apple before and the photos turned out a lot darker than what they appeared on my computer, so I was really wanting to preview this book prior to ordering, just to ensure that the photos were as bright as they should be.

Jun 29, 2014 1:56 AM in response to beebeefromcanada

I got this message too. I found out that I had placed a picture in the book that was merely a thumbnail and not a JPEG. Obviously for some reason that picture is corrupted and only shows up in the iphoto library as a thumbnail. When you try to view it in full screen you will see a blank page. If you find this picture and delete it from the photo book the error does not occur. I hope this resolves your problem because it did for me.

Oct 3, 2014 9:13 AM in response to brina113

Can you determine which page that fails when trying to create a preview PDF copy? This post in the link I posted about léonie may help:

inkeysNov 18, 2013 8:34 AM
Re: Issues with iPhoto files when trying to create a bookin response to léonie

Maybe I was a little harsh on iPhoto and ordering. Turns out I've fixed it via your suggestion; so thank very much!

Duped the project, then started a preview. Error happened immediately so deleted first image. Preview again and it progresses until page 16. Did the same and eventually previewed the whole book fine. Reinserted new pictures or resaved error photos; one final preview later and I'm uplaoding to order!

One thing I will note that didnt help. When it gets to say, Page 16 and there's an error, you need to count back 2 pages as it's not really Page 16 since the cover and inside flap are counted as Pages 1 and 2. Hope that helps somebody in the future.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.