Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move folders with Mail software? I want to have them in alphabetical orders. It is on the exchange server, and I have them in the wrong order only on my mac. This is because I moved them by mistake. I do not know how.

How do I change the order of the folders in the apple mail software? I do not know how I moved them by mistake and now they are not anymore in alphabetical order.

I have in the

Entrata (Inbox):

Exchange

bulk

a

b

c

cda

a

b

acquiato risone
agenzia viaggi

commerciale

I wont to have them in alphabetical order so: Acquisto Risone, Agenzia Viaggi, Bulk. Cda, Commerciale and so on. how do I move

Thanks

Carlo

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 1, 2014 10:39 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2014 8:46 PM in response to carletto1971

If you log into your Exchange account with your browser using the Outlook Web Access (OWA) you can move folders using the Move option.

In Mail, you need to drag to the top Exchange header to move from current location. If you can't move a folder, create a new one in the correct location and move the messages into the new folder. Drag your subfolders to the new folder.

Outlook for Mac let's you ungroup folders where Mail does not. It's easier to move folders when they are not in the unified (grouped) view.

How do I move folders with Mail software? I want to have them in alphabetical orders. It is on the exchange server, and I have them in the wrong order only on my mac. This is because I moved them by mistake. I do not know how.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.