Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up iTunes Wi-Fi Sync with a replacement desktop computer?

My old computer is listed on my iPod Touch under iTunes Wi-Fi Sync. When I connect the iPod to the PC, it does not open iTunes and sync automatically as it did with the old PC. How do I get the iPod to recognize the new computer, open iTunes and sync automatically as it did with my old computer?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 1, 2014 12:35 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2014 7:53 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks so much for trying to help, but being an adimitted Apple novice, the instructions provided are confusing and incomplete. Nowhere do they say how or when to use TouchCopy. The free version of TouchCopy is essentially useless since it will not do a backup and has a limit on what it will copy. I’m not going to spend $29.99 for a one-time use piece of software that I am not even sure how to use. I followed the instructions as best I could with the result that my old computer still shows up on the iPod, the replacement computer is nowhere to be found, and I've wasted a couple of hours messing around.

How do I set up iTunes Wi-Fi Sync with a replacement desktop computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.