Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Didn't receive all instruments from full purchase

I purchased the app back in 2012.... With the full price, $4.99, and I downloaded it again recently with the update and lost all the instruments and now only have the ones that came in the free version... how do I get all the instruments back? I feel like I was ripped off..

iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 1, 2014 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2014 4:39 PM

Have a look at this document:

Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

According to this, you should be able to restore the instruments for free:

If you previously purchased an earlier version of GarageBand for iOS, you will get the In-App Purchase content for free. To restore your purchase, you may need to tap Already Purchased when you see the in-app purchase in GarageBand.

Th in-app purchase may not work, if it is the first purchase after the update. Then try to buy any free app first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2014 4:39 PM in response to 17djohns

Have a look at this document:

Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

According to this, you should be able to restore the instruments for free:

If you previously purchased an earlier version of GarageBand for iOS, you will get the In-App Purchase content for free. To restore your purchase, you may need to tap Already Purchased when you see the in-app purchase in GarageBand.

Th in-app purchase may not work, if it is the first purchase after the update. Then try to buy any free app first.

Didn't receive all instruments from full purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.