Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep losing wifi on apple tv 3 after last update 6.1.1

I am starting to get really frustrated! i bought an ATV3 a year ago.. it started having issues with wifi but that was

caused by the hardware (had something to do with the serial number), so i received a brand new ATV3 about a month ago.

After updating to 6.1.1 it has the same issues as my old apple tv, i am not able to connect to my network! The router I use
is an Apple Airport Extreme, and ALL my other electronics connect just fine with it.. so it's not a router/wifi problem.

None of the so called fixes work, resetting, restarting, rebooting router etc.

Is this problem going to be fixed soon? my ATV is useless without network connectivity.

Posted on May 2, 2014 6:28 AM

27 replies

May 3, 2014 2:45 PM in response to Yorick B

Who is making assumptions here? Our networks are just fine, we all told you so, it always was, strong as ever. But you only believe us when we send you data from iStumbler? Realy? That software stopped being updated from octobre 2013 (http://www.istumbler.net), Besides that, what info do you want us to give you from that?

This being a user only forum realy dissapoints me, because no real inside info or solution will get into this. Kinda useless this way. Like I said, I'm not new to this...

May 3, 2014 3:12 PM in response to #hans#

Saying a network is fine with nothing to back that up is preciesly what makes it an assumption.

If you did get a report but have no intention of giving information, then how do you expect to get help from anyone. You want a solution but don't want to give any details. If you notice, you have said nothing about your situation other then a claim that your signal is fine.

The data can be from anywhere, as already stated. It will look at the full network for proper indication of signal strength, noise, nearby networks.

There is always a select group who post after an update. Upon proper troubleshooting, vulnerabilities within the network are isolated and addressed. There is no such wide-spread issue as a result of an update problem.

This forum has users with real-world experience available to help other users (which it states when you sign up). But that is not what you're looking for because it doesn't agree with your theory. You are free to call Apple support if you are so intent of talking with them, but they will want to troubleshoot your network as well.

This is a network streaming device, not a Mac. The first Apple TV came out in 2007, which I did use. The streaming only version was introduced in 2010.

May 3, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Yorick B

I'm with Yorick B!!! Admittedly I am "challenged" when it comes to electronics. At one time I really enjoyed Pandora but I lose the connection repeatedly and frequently now. I play it off an iPad.

The iPad will indicate it is either not playing or has switched to the iPad from Apple TV. When I turn it back on and switch it back to ATV it still sometimes won't play.

I need help before I break something!!!

May 4, 2014 3:03 AM in response to Yorick B

@vazandrew

Apparently netstumbler hasnt been updated for a while, it doesnt recognize the network adapter my laptop uses.

Not able to do the test, are there alernatives for windows?

It still doesnt make sense to me though that you blame the network, while every other device just works fine.

I got 7 devices that use the network, all without problems.. Except the ATV.. :(

Is there any other way i can provide the data you need? So i can convince you that my network is just fine.

I keep losing wifi on apple tv 3 after last update 6.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.