Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email is not arriving on my computer. The icon from get mail just keeps swirling. Yesterday I had many messages on the account. Today there is only one from yesterday and then there is a jump in time back to April 16 with no messages inbetween.

I cannot get me.com mail on my computer today. The icon just keeps swirling. I have one message from yesterday and then it drops all read messages back to April 16. I have restarted the mail program several times.

Posted on May 2, 2014 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2014 11:54 AM

Hello carouselmusic,

It sounds like you cannot get your iCloud email to download to the Mail app on your Mac. I would use the following troubleshooting to help resolve that from the article named:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Mail

chttp://support.apple.com/kb/ts4002

If you can't receive mail in OS X Mail

Locate the name of your iCloud account on the left side of the main Mail window. If your iCloud account name is dimmed and has a lightning-bolt symbol next to it, your account is offline. To bring your account online, make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, then choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. If that doesn't resolve the issue, follow these steps:

1. Choose Preferences from the Mail menu.
  2. Click Accounts in the Preferences window.
  3. Select your iCloud account from the list of accounts.
  4. Click the Advanced tab and verify these settings:
    • Port: 993
    • Use SSL: (selected)
    • Authentication: either "Password" or "Apple Token"

If this does not resolve the issue, then use the following to remove, and then re add the account:

To remove an email account in Mail:

1. Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
  2. From the Mail menu, choose Preferences..., or press Command-, (the Command and comma keys).
  3. Click the "Accounts" icon.
  4. Select the account you wish to remove.
  5. Click the "-" (minus) icon. You will be alerted that "The account's setup information, mailboxes, messages, notes, and to do's will be deleted permanently from your computer."
  6. If you are sure you want to remove the account and email messages from your computer, click "Remove" to complete this process.

And

1. Open Mail.
  2. Choose Add Account from the File menu. If this is the first time you've opened Mail, you will be automatically prompted to add an account.
  3. Enter your Full Name, email address, and password. See Mac 101: Mail article for more information.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1277

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2014 11:54 AM in response to carouselmusic

Hello carouselmusic,

It sounds like you cannot get your iCloud email to download to the Mail app on your Mac. I would use the following troubleshooting to help resolve that from the article named:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Mail

chttp://support.apple.com/kb/ts4002

If you can't receive mail in OS X Mail

Locate the name of your iCloud account on the left side of the main Mail window. If your iCloud account name is dimmed and has a lightning-bolt symbol next to it, your account is offline. To bring your account online, make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, then choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. If that doesn't resolve the issue, follow these steps:

1. Choose Preferences from the Mail menu.
  2. Click Accounts in the Preferences window.
  3. Select your iCloud account from the list of accounts.
  4. Click the Advanced tab and verify these settings:
    • Port: 993
    • Use SSL: (selected)
    • Authentication: either "Password" or "Apple Token"

If this does not resolve the issue, then use the following to remove, and then re add the account:

To remove an email account in Mail:

1. Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
  2. From the Mail menu, choose Preferences..., or press Command-, (the Command and comma keys).
  3. Click the "Accounts" icon.
  4. Select the account you wish to remove.
  5. Click the "-" (minus) icon. You will be alerted that "The account's setup information, mailboxes, messages, notes, and to do's will be deleted permanently from your computer."
  6. If you are sure you want to remove the account and email messages from your computer, click "Remove" to complete this process.

And

1. Open Mail.
  2. Choose Add Account from the File menu. If this is the first time you've opened Mail, you will be automatically prompted to add an account.
  3. Enter your Full Name, email address, and password. See Mac 101: Mail article for more information.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1277

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

My email is not arriving on my computer. The icon from get mail just keeps swirling. Yesterday I had many messages on the account. Today there is only one from yesterday and then there is a jump in time back to April 16 with no messages inbetween.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.