Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does NOT have same list of calendars as "on my mac"

iTunes 11.1.5 does NOT have same list of calendars as "on my mac" in calendars. For example, iTunes shows “calendars” and my MAC shows “Schools”, “Work”, “Children” etc.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 2, 2014 10:14 AM

3 replies

May 2, 2014 12:21 PM in response to garymelora

garymelora wrote:

iTunes 11.1.5 does NOT have same list of calendars as "on my mac" in calendars. For example, iTunes shows “calendars” and my MAC shows “Schools”, “Work”, “Children” etc.

Because those calendars are on "On Your Mac" and not in iCloud.

Do rthis...

System prefs > iCLoud.

Turn off Calendars.

Wait a minute.

Turn it back on.

This will merge all calendars so they are in iCloud.

They should show up on yrou iPhone.

If not, Settings > iCloud, Calendars to Off, wait a minute then turn it back on.

May 2, 2014 2:23 PM in response to Chris CA

Chris,

Thanks for responding but this will get me back into using icloud which I don't want to do. Despite this, I decided to try this anyway. Not a good plan. Just as I thought this converted all of my calendars from my mac and made them icloud. I could of course see all of the calendars on icloud but still couldn't see them on itunes even after reboot. I restored my calendar so I'm back to where I started. Any other ideas?

There should be a way to delete some file to get rid of history in itunes and force it to look at the calendar again?

May 2, 2014 6:03 PM in response to garymelora

garymelora wrote:

Chris,

Thanks for responding but this will get me back into using icloud which I don't want to do.

You cannot sync Calendars or Contact using iTunes while on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

-> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5847

"OS X Mavericks

OS X Mavericks v10.9 and later do not use SyncServices. Instead, Mavericks supports sharing your information using several network-based and cloud-based solutions. If you want to sync your information across multiple devices and computers, you should use one or more of these methods. These include iCloud, CardDAV servers, CalDAV servers, and servers that utilize the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. "

iTunes does NOT have same list of calendars as "on my mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.