Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi, i would like to clear off my balance in my itunes, so i can change my country details?

hi,

i would like to clear off my balance in my itunes, so i can change my country details?

cheers

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 2, 2014 12:18 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2014 7:39 AM in response to sophayer

Hi sophayer,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The articles below will provide information regarding changing the country settings for your iTunes Store account.

If you have a store credit balance

You must spend your balance before you can change stores:

• If your store credit is less than the cost of a single item on the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store, you can add a credit card to your account. When you buy an item, you will use the remaining store credit and charge the remainder of the purchase to your credit card.
  • If you don't have a credit card, contact iTunes Store support.

Cheers,

- Judy

Jun 17, 2015 10:12 PM in response to judysings

Sorry, but what gets me is that if you think about it, if 1,000,000 people each have a remaining balance of $.02(my current balance) on their accounts, that's $20,000 right there! That's right folks, only two cents. So, that means if one million people switch their store by means of purchasing, given they have a "store credit" of two cents, Apple will make $20,000. I don't think this is too far from reality with the rise in world travel.

To be honest, I don't travel enough that this issue creates a problem for me. I was actually trying to download an app, "ToneConvert" but I got a message that said the app is not available in my country or store. I wasn't aware I had a "store" in the first place? Why are some Apple approved apps allowed in some stores but not others? A lot of questions started coming up. So, I thought easy solution, I will just switch stores....not so easy.

Jun 17, 2015 11:49 PM in response to HeathGnar

Content is licensed to Apple to sell on a country-by-country basis, each country therefore has to have its own store, and you have to be in a country to use its store - content providers want control over where their content is available. If an app is not available in your country's store then it's because the developer hasn't granted a license to sell it there (or in some cases it might be due to the country's laws) - and similarly if a music album, film etc isn't available there.

You can also get the 'not available in my country' message if you used a weblink to open iTunes e.g. if you did a search on your browser and clicked a link which opened iTunes - if an app has been removed from the store (usually by the developer, though apps can also be removed if they're found to have violated terms) then you might get a message that it's not available in your store but is available in another country's store (though it quite possibly won't be there either).

hi, i would like to clear off my balance in my itunes, so i can change my country details?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.