Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having an issue with Time Capsule not passing Netflix ?

It will pass everything else the wifi DVD has but not NETFLIX. Any ideas? This is my newest unit, the old unit did for a while but then stopped about a year ago.

Posted on May 2, 2014 2:29 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2014 3:00 PM in response to rhumrunner

Sounds interesting..

Where are you in the world? Are you using a DNS service?

What happens when you try to start netflix?

I will need the full info which you may not want to present in an open forum.

But I will need the modem.. if it is a router. make and model always help.

The TC setup in bridge or as a router. Do you have double NAT?

Do a traceroute for me to 8.8.8.8

Post the result.

That allows me to see if the issue is caused by double NAT.

Nov 21, 2015 8:35 AM in response to LaPastenague

I started having the issue 2 days ago. All of the sudden certain movies couldn't not be watched in NetFlix, after several minutes waiting the app in my iPad (or my Apple TV) would give the same error message 139:NFErr_MC_NoCDN

I spent an afternoon with Netflix' and my cable provider support, and really they didn't really have a clue about the issue. Slowly after following several instructions (the quintessential reboot your devices, etc) they said something about DNS.

I brought my Time Capsule to its original settings, nothing changed. Changed the DNS to Google's 8.8.8.8, still nothing. I had a spare Airport Xpress unit and installed with identical wireless network settings and everything started working fine. So, it seems my lovely TC is the one having the problem here.

Everything else works fine, I can access all the content I want at the most optimal speeds, but can't watch certain things in NetFlix. I don't know why my TC can't fully reset its DNS settings, if that is the problem. My TC is a 3rd generation model.

I really don't want to spend on a new TC just so I can access NetFlix, and I can't believe there is no fix I could do. Any great ideas out there that could help me out? If you do, and would like to share, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Anyone having an issue with Time Capsule not passing Netflix ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.