Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad is stuck on the connect to itunes screen after updating.

I have seen several post about screen locked on the iTunes connect after updating software. I have tried all these methods. My iTunes does not recognize my device and my device will not turn on so I cannot do a reset. I tried the hard reset by pressing both the home button and the on/off switch and then connecting to my computer. My computer dings like a new device was connected but I cannot see my device in iTunes.

Suggestions appreciated.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on May 2, 2014 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2014 8:31 PM

NOPE! mine is completely legit.

I connect it to the computer while holding down the home button and itunes does not open as the page says it will. When itunes is open it does nothing for the same action. And itunes does not recognise the device at all anytime.

iTunes is up-to-date.

7 replies

Oct 13, 2017 4:54 PM in response to Adman_TO

I have restored numerous iOS products using both the older connect to iTunes/Mac option and now the cloud option and they all worked as they should. I am so please with the cloud backup and syncing which has saved me so much time and heartache.

I have found it a good idea before doing a major iOS update to clean house on the device, do the backup to the cloud and then do the major update. This keeps the backup smaller and only reinstalls what you really need.

May 3, 2014 6:12 AM in response to CJ10009

I fixed my problem by uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling. My iTunes was missing the recovery mode and would not recognize my iPad. I followed these the unintall steps on the link below and then reinstalled iTunes. (Make sure you follow these steps and don't just unintall iTunes. There are several components that must be removed in a specific order.

Even though my iPad was reset to factory settings I was able to recovery everything because I had synced last month.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376

May 3, 2014 9:44 AM in response to CJ10009

Thank you VERY much CJ. You are a life saver. Unfortuntely when I last backed up my iPad it looks like it only backed up my photos. Everything else has been restored to factory settings. BUT this is the sort of thing I have come to expect from Apple.

I'm glad that it is at least no longer a paper weight but this is the last Apple product I will ever buy.

Cheer.

A.

my iPad is stuck on the connect to itunes screen after updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.