Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What HD files to import to Discribe for disk publishing

After I "build" an HD project in DVD Studio Pro, I have a folder named "HVDVD_TS"

Do I import this folder into Discribe, for ultimate burning on the Bravo disk publisher?

Or do I import the individual files in this folder to Discribe?

Will this result in the ability to burn an HD disk that will play on a DVD player?

I notice when I burn to disk directly from DVD Studio Pro, I am able to play back the disk in a computer but not a DVD player.

What would I have to do to be able to author a disk that's playable in a DVD player?

Safari-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 2, 2014 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2014 4:39 PM

HDDVD is a now dead format that was superseded by Blu-Ray.

Unless you specifically have a reason for wanting to publish in that format, it should not be used.

joanfromnaalehu wrote:

What would I have to do to be able to author a disk that's playable in a DVD player?

A DVD player is by definition (no pun intended) is 720x480 Standard Definition.

If you want to create a disc that is compatible with set-top DVD players, use Compressor to convert your master file using one of the Compressor DVD presets, then use DVD Studio Pro to add the menus etc. to the Compressor created files and burn the disc.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2014 4:39 PM in response to joanfromnaalehu

HDDVD is a now dead format that was superseded by Blu-Ray.

Unless you specifically have a reason for wanting to publish in that format, it should not be used.

joanfromnaalehu wrote:

A DVD player is by definition (no pun intended) is 720x480 Standard Definition.

If you want to create a disc that is compatible with set-top DVD players, use Compressor to convert your master file using one of the Compressor DVD presets, then use DVD Studio Pro to add the menus etc. to the Compressor created files and burn the disc.

MtD

What HD files to import to Discribe for disk publishing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.