Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inefficient iPhone 5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program

I am an avid Apple Fan, and have been since last 5 years, but in recent times my enthusiasm seems to be going the spiral based on my experiences. I have always bought the latest gadget that Apple has come up with and tend to save money for the next one..

In a very recent example, I bought an iPhone 5 from Singapore (Serial Number: C3*****TWD) , and soon started to experience issues with Power Button, and that was a shock for me of a poor hardware quality which I never experienced before. Then I recently got to know of iPhone 5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program and was quite excited about Apple sticking its gun with fixing the fault to ensure that they continue meet high standards of customer enthusiasm. While I checked my handset eligibility, it is eligible for this program but the Apple Store in India has refused saying that it cannot be done in India but I have to take this back to Singapore, which was completely more disappointing.

When Apple already know that products are faulty and eligible for this program, then why is it being locked down to country of purchase? Over 2 years’ time you don’t expect people sticking to same place from where they have bought a product. If they are fixing faulty products then why this location challenge. I have not experienced this purchase point lock concept for any of the other products, if a product is faulty it is irrespective of the fact from where it is bought as long as it eligible for repair ..

Can you please look into this and advise, as this particular challenge in this replacement program is even more disheartening than first selling a faulty product and later not repairing only for the reason because it was bought from a different place??

This is definitely not what Apple is known for 😟 😟 😟 😟 !!!!

Thanks

Deepak Jain

Ph: ********

E-Mail: *******

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Posted on May 2, 2014 10:19 PM

4 replies

Inefficient iPhone 5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.