Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see my USB disk connected to AirPort Extreme?

Hello folks I am using an AirPort Extreme and I connected my USB external disk. I cannot see that disk in my iPad and iPhone as well as in my PC laptops running Windows 7 an d windows 8. Anybody can suggest me what is the process to do that?.

Thanks in advance for your support.

iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 3, 2014 8:54 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2014 9:46 AM in response to pablein323

When you have a connected drive you should be able to see it in Finder on your Mac under Shared. Make sure you have file sharing enabled in Airport Utility.

You should be able to access the device from a PC using the path afp://DEVICENAME._afpovertcp._tcp.local/

It's been a while since I used a Windows network configuration.

As for iPhone or iPad as far as I know there is no way to access any drive on a network on those devices. You would need an app for your specific use. If you just wan tto transfer files try Dropbox.

May 3, 2014 10:07 AM in response to pablein323

I cannot see that disk in my iPad and iPhone

To access files on an AirPort disk attached to an AirPort Extreme from an iOS device, you will need to use a third-party applet to do so.

An examples is: FileBrowser

...as well as in my PC laptops running Windows 7 an d windows 8.

For accessing the AirPort disk from a PC running Win7 or Win8, please check out the following Apple Support article.

How do I see my USB disk connected to AirPort Extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.