Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a balance in in my I-tunes account but when I try to purchase a book I'm asked for billing information. Why isn't it deducting purchase from my I-tunes account?

I have a balance in my I-tunes account but when I try to purchase a book I am asked to confim my billing information for a credit card rather than deducting from the I-tunes balance. How can I get the purchase deducted from my balance rather than using a credit card?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 3, 2014 12:16 PM

4 replies

May 3, 2014 12:22 PM in response to Golf Sheila

Hi Golf Sheila,

first at all, I would suggest to sign out of the account and sign in again. This would update your store credit balance to check if enough money is still on your account. If you are using different devices for your purchases an older store credit balance could be displayed. Signing out and signing will refresh the balance on the device you are using. You can sign out and sign in on iPod touch in "settings" > "iTunes & App Store". Just tap on your Apple Id and choose sign out, then you can sign in.

If enough store credit is available and iTunes still wants to update your payment method, please select "none" and check your billing address, then just click on "finish" or "save". Purchasing the book should be possible now.

May 3, 2014 12:54 PM in response to JehsieK

I tried what you suggested and thought it worked because I was able to purchase the book I wanted but when I

checked the balance in my I-tunes account afterwards the cost was not deducted so I think they must have charged it to my credit card anyway. I won't know for sure until I can check my statement to see if it's been charged there. Thanks for your help.

I have a balance in in my I-tunes account but when I try to purchase a book I'm asked for billing information. Why isn't it deducting purchase from my I-tunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.