Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had my hard drive replaced within the last month. Now I have trouble with the MAIL function. Sometimes it is open in the menu on top, but does not bring up mail. Then it grays out the QUIT MAIL function and I am stuck.

I have problems closing my MAIL. The function of Quit is grayed out. I cannot turn off the computer because it says mail still open. I have had this problem off and on ever since getting a new hard drive and reloading all the functions. The only way I can clear it is to hold the power button down till it shuts off the computer, and then restart it.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 3, 2014 4:13 PM

1 reply

I had my hard drive replaced within the last month. Now I have trouble with the MAIL function. Sometimes it is open in the menu on top, but does not bring up mail. Then it grays out the QUIT MAIL function and I am stuck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.