Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maya 2015 cannot see Mac Pro 2013 or GPU

Cannot understand why Apple would have Autodesk certify the AMD D500 on a Mac Pro 2015 when in preference the make of workstation and the GPU cannot be seen.

I am getting nowhere with Autodesk so I hope someone might know here.

Do I have to move to the HP Z820 to get a rig that is professional and truly supported by Autodesk?

Posted on May 3, 2014 9:13 PM

4 replies

Jul 26, 2014 11:05 AM in response to gaijindragonslayer

Apple has nothing to do with 3rd party developers certifiying a specific Apple OS or Mac, for their software. That's up to the developer to test and then certify those systems which run their software efficiently. The bigger issue is going to be, when will Autodesk, Maxon, and others start building dual GPU support and OpenCL support into their apps... because that is the only way these computers will come close to living up to their potential / be worth the cost.

Jul 26, 2014 11:22 AM in response to Dan-o

Autodesk came out, in large part to my feedback a SP2 update that has fixed it.

Problem for Apple is that they had Autodesk listed as their certified partners along with Adobe and other content creation software.

Apple uses Autodesk certification like say HP, to sell its professional hardware. HP worked with Autodesk MAYA out of the box: the new Mac Pro did not.

I also posted to see, in vain, if anyone had a clue how to make MAYA 2015 work. That's why we have these communities. Anyway, SP2 version of MAYA 2015 works...thanks for your help.

Maya 2015 cannot see Mac Pro 2013 or GPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.