Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my iPhone 5 keeps restarting again and again?

my iphone keeps restarting again and again

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 3, 2014 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2014 11:00 PM

Woah now that's new! This might be a huge bug in IOS 7.1.1. Can you answer these questions?

1- Are you jailbroken? If yes, what tweaks do you have that make big effects?

2- Is it just turning off & on or is rebooting?

3- Is your off/sleep button broken?

4- Can you get inside the home screen at least for 1 minute without it restarting?

If you can get in the home screen for at least 1 minute, quickly plug on your iPhone into your computer/laptop/etc and back it up using iTunes. Once you've done a backup, restore your iPad to the factory settings. If you cannot, once it turns on again, press & hold QUICKY on the off button and slide the "power off" slide. Once it is shut down, unplug your charger ONLY from your iPhone, not from the computer. Then, press and hold on the home button, while pressing & holding, plug the charger back into your device, you should be in recovery mode. Restore your iPad to the factory settings. If you don't have a backup from before, you won't be able to get back your apps/data/etc. If you do have a previous backup, just restore it usong iTunes once it is reset. :-)

~sincerely,

Ab

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2014 11:00 PM in response to ccllbb

Woah now that's new! This might be a huge bug in IOS 7.1.1. Can you answer these questions?

1- Are you jailbroken? If yes, what tweaks do you have that make big effects?

2- Is it just turning off & on or is rebooting?

3- Is your off/sleep button broken?

4- Can you get inside the home screen at least for 1 minute without it restarting?

If you can get in the home screen for at least 1 minute, quickly plug on your iPhone into your computer/laptop/etc and back it up using iTunes. Once you've done a backup, restore your iPad to the factory settings. If you cannot, once it turns on again, press & hold QUICKY on the off button and slide the "power off" slide. Once it is shut down, unplug your charger ONLY from your iPhone, not from the computer. Then, press and hold on the home button, while pressing & holding, plug the charger back into your device, you should be in recovery mode. Restore your iPad to the factory settings. If you don't have a backup from before, you won't be able to get back your apps/data/etc. If you do have a previous backup, just restore it usong iTunes once it is reset. :-)

~sincerely,

Ab

Nov 30, 2015 8:04 PM in response to Ab Plays Minecraft

hi! i have some issue with my iphone 5 and hope you can help me with it. So, my iphone keeps restarting itself over and over again rapidly. Sometimes, ((which is super duper rare,)) i can make it to the homescreen but it only lasted for 2 or 4 minutes then it will keep restarting. Other times, it will keep on restarting for weeks and i have tried just about anything to solve this problem like restoring it. I tried to restore it while its in recover mode but failed to do so because my itunes stucked on the 3rd steps which is "Waiting for iphone...' i honestly have no idea what to do and im crying bc i dont have a phone now

why is my iPhone 5 keeps restarting again and again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.