Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not working on my 2 iPhones 5 after update OS 7.1.1?

Pleasant Greetings,

I own 2 iPhones 5: One 16 and one 32.

Both worked fine till yesterday, when I updated the OS from 7.1 to 7.1.1. After the update bluetooth on both devices fail. When on, they can't find my laptop, TomTom or eachother anymore. However, both devices can find an Android phone, but not pair. Other connections (WiFi, cellular) work fine.

Tried to unpair my bluetooth devices and pair them again. Nothing.

Tried several resets, finally also the 'resore factory settings'. Nothing. After a total reset the phones still running 7.1.1 with the bluetooth not working...

What is this? An new bug in an OS update which supposes to solve problems? If this is the case, nice work Apple!

Is there a way to re-install the 7.1 OS which, after all, worked fine for me on both devices?

Anyone else with the same problem?

Tnx for any replies! 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 3, 2014 10:48 PM

8 replies

May 4, 2014 6:50 AM in response to diesel vdub

That's interesting...

Then why did it all work on both iPhones under OS 7.1 and stopped working under OS 7.1.1?

And -supposing you are correct- why can both iPhones not connect to each other using bluetooth so I can't use AirDrop either?

On OS 7.1 everything worked on my both iPhones with bluetooth, under OS 7.1.1 nothing, that can not be right...

May 4, 2014 11:38 AM in response to diesel vdub

Okay... You got me there... 🙂

I didn't realize that AirDrop uses WiFi. As far as I remembered it uses Bluetooth to connect each other... Anyway, AirDrop works perfect with WiFi on both iPhones. Thanx for that.

That doesn't mean that I still don't understand that Bluetooth on both devices stopped working after udating the OS to 7.1.1. Under 7.1 connecting my Windows laptop or my TomTom navigation system was no problem, but now I can't use that anymore.

If you are right, and suppose you are, that iPhones have never been designed to find computers, phones, or other iDevice via Bluetooth, then why is there Bluetooth on an iPhone anyway?

Bluetooth not working on my 2 iPhones 5 after update OS 7.1.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.