Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help: Best iOS 5 SIMULTANEOUS Multitrack Recording App?

I recently purchased an Alesis IODock and love it!! It works great with Garageband, but, unfortunately, GB does not support simultaneous multitrack recoding, other than stereo input to a single channel. i.e. Input 1 -> Right, and Input 2 -> Left on a single track.

What I need is to be able to record Input 1 ->Track 1, Input 2 -> Track 2, and arm both tracks to record at the same time.

I have seen ads for various "Multitrack" apps in the app store, some VERY expensive, but none specifically say they can record to more than one channel at a time; some requiring iOS 7.

The other CRUCIAL issue with GarageBand, is that recordings are limited to just 32 minutes (320 bars). I record live music, currently using a MiniDisc deck with 80 minute discs. Which records great, but occationally band sets will go longer than 80 minutes, and I have to swap discs, trying not to miss anything the band wants recorded.

Is there a recording app that is only limited by the amount of available RAM on the iPad, AND is able to export an audio file that I can use on the Mac?

I can live with only recording stereo tracks, but multitrack is preferred.

Ultimately, I will be upgrading to more contemporary hardware, but at this time I am limited to iOS 5.1.1 compatability.

Any help, suggestion, advice, personal experiences.... would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, 16 GB, GarageBand 1.4.1

Posted on May 4, 2014 1:28 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2014 6:56 PM in response to Gary Sumlak

Well, it has been a little over a day, and I was hoping someone would have chimed in by now.

I did find a couple iOS 5 compatible apps, Cubasis and Auria. Both at $50, but Auria seems to have a cleaner, and more professional look. Reviews seem to lean toward Auria.

Would anyone have any experience with either and would care to give an opinion on usability and performance on the iPad 1?

Input would be greatly appreciated

Dec 27, 2016 3:48 AM in response to Gary Sumlak

Unless you are using an older version of Auria LE or, a year later, have a newer iPad, the recent Nov 2016 update wouldn't work on your old, 1st.gen iPad 1 that is running iOS 5.1.1.

The minimum iOS requirement for the recent Nov 3, 2016 update is iOS 6.1.

Plus, an extremely pricey app solution if you look at the costs for all of the plugins and the price to upgrade to the Pro version. This app could set you back a couple of hundred U.S. dollars.

Steinberg Cubasis 2, right now, is half its price and half price for its plugins placing its total price around $30, total, for its Pro version.

Steinberg Cubasis 2 LE comes in under $24 dollars U.S. total, for the complete LE version.

Dec 27, 2016 3:59 AM in response to MichelPM

Another multitrack DAW I have been using before Cubasis and still use every now and then is Mutitrack DAW.

This works well with all of my Korg iOS sound module apps.

This app comes in around under $35 U.S.D., with purchased plugins.

This is very good, also.

Minimum iOS for Mutitrack DAW and Cubasis are iOS 7 and iOS 8, inclusive.

Help: Best iOS 5 SIMULTANEOUS Multitrack Recording App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.