Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having activation problem with my locked iPhone 4. Can't insert the sim card unless unlock

I am having activation problem with my locked iPhone 4. Can't insert the sim card unless unlock it. I restore it for fixing the problem, i didn't know it that my iPhone can't be activated after that. kindly anyone can help. Will be appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.6, 8GB

Posted on May 4, 2014 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2014 6:49 AM

You need the AppleID and passcode used to originally activate the iPhone.

This is a security feature in iOS 7 called Activation Lock. There is no

workaround.

iCloud: Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4515

13 replies

May 4, 2014 7:28 AM in response to vks xfr

Is there a sim in the iPhone? There has to be a sim for activation to complete.

The sim does not have to be associated with an active account; but if the

iPhone is locked to a wireless provider, the sim must be from that wireless

provider.

If there is an error message, what is the complete wording of that error message?

May 4, 2014 7:40 AM in response to vks xfr

i was having an error when opended any application e.g facebook, whatsapp, viber, skype etc. "connect iTunes to push the noticfication. i just go over the google to find the solution there was kind of instruction if you go for restore you iphone the problem should be fixed then i restored it and now am not getting any option to activate it. asking sim or some time says couldn'y activate because can not reached the server. try connect to iTunes or try after couple of minutes. no i wonder how can i reactivate it without sim or unlocked

May 4, 2014 7:58 AM in response to vks xfr

Well you need to understand that the carrier an iPhone is locked to has normally subsidized its cost originally. If you have fulfilled a (usually) two year contract with them, they might be willing to unlock the iPhone without any additional cost. However, if that is not the case they might want to recover some of that subsidy if the user wants to unlock the iPhone without having a contract with them or before the required amount of time.

You don't say if you have been looking at your carrier's charges or at any other unlocking site. Please note that your carrier is the owner of the lock and any attempt to unlock the iPhone, other than by this carrier, is an unauthorized modification of the iPhone and could create further problems for your iPhone.

I am having activation problem with my locked iPhone 4. Can't insert the sim card unless unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.