Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 0xE800084

Following update to IOS 7.1.1 - phone now in recovery mode - won't connect to iTunes and when I do get it to connect - I get this error! Help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on May 4, 2014 4:45 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2014 11:33 AM in response to ctbere

Hey there ctbere,

It sounds like you are unable to connect your iPhone to the computer because you get this error code when you try. I would use the troubleshooting for these types of errors from the following article:

iOS: Unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting to a Windows PC

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3221

Start with these steps, and there are additional steps in the article if you need them:

1. Restart your computer.

2. Install the latest version of iTunes.

3. Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. iOS devices require the following minimum version of Windows:

• Windows XP Service Pack 3
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8

4. Download and install any available software updates from Microsoft.

5. Connect the device directly to your computer; not to an external USB hub. Find out if your computer has USB 2.0 ports.

6. Check that the Dock Connector or Lightning Connector on both the device and cable are clean of any lint or other debris. If possible, connect your device using a different Apple 30-pin to USB cable or Apple Lightning Connector to USB cable.

7. Disconnect other USB peripherals from your computer, with the exception of your keyboard and mouse. After disconnecting these peripherals, restart your computer, connect your device, and open iTunes.

8. Connect your device to a different USB port on your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Apr 8, 2015 4:41 PM in response to sterling r

Help!

error code 0xE800084

After numerous times trying restore my iphone ( forgot the passcode ). My screen is completely black except for the words "iPhone is disabled. connect to iTunes" in white. When I connect to itunes it says "Itunes cannot connect (ect). You must enter your passcodeon the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". there is no way i can swipe to get to the area i usually enter my passcode because my phone seems to be stuck on that page. if i hit the sleep button on the top of my iphone 5s, it makes the screen completely black. To turn my phone off i have to hold down the sleep button for a long time (and sometimes with the home button). if i try to turn it on, ill get a white screen like normal with a black apple. I'll then return to the same black wallpaper as before with the white words. Before this i restored it, and it said restore complete. However my iphone was previously disabled from getting the passcode wrong so many times. I called apple and the person i spoke to told me i should be good when i was extracting the data and to call him tomorrow. This problem occurred after the extrating was completed. Help!

Windows comptuer

iphone 5s

Error 0xE800084

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.