Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 not seeing Avid Artist Mix

Hi Guys,

I've never posted in a forum before but I'm having some major trouble with getting my Avid Artist Mix Controller and Logic Pro 9 to communicate with each other. I've tried all sorts of things, set up a static IP address for the mix and computer, trying different start up combinations, uninstalling and re-installing Eucontrol and nothing seems to be working, this controller just sits on my desk displaying nothing and doing absolutely nothing. Here's what I've found so far in regards to it's behavior:

The Artist Mix IS connected to my computer, everything in my Network Preferences is green and when I open Eucontrol it's listed under My Surfaces as MC Mix. My computer is listed under work stations. Upon device start up the Artist Mix displays the Avid logo, however when Eucontrol starts up and connects the display on the Artist Mix goes dark. Upon opening Logic I see "Starting up Eucon Support" on the splash screen but then once it's open the Artist Mix DOES NOT do anything. When searching for the Euphonix or Avid devices in Logic's "Control Surfaces" Preference window I see a list of multiple different control surfaces (i.e. Mackie, Yamaha, etc) but no Euphonix or Avid devices. Also, I can open Eucontrol settings just fine before starting up Logic, however post Logic start up results in Eucontrol freezing and requiring a Force Quit, even after I've quit Logic. If anyone has any light to shine on this subject it would be infinitely appreciated. I've spent the past three days scouring the interenet for answers with zero success, Trying to get a hold of Avid Support which seems impossible (and expensive), and trying a bunch of "hunch" or "mildly informed" remedies of my own and nothing seems to be working. So far, I just have an incredibly expensive paperweight.

Here are my specs:

Computer:

Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 GHZ Intel Core I5

8 GB RAM

Running OSX 10.9.2

Eucontrol:

Eucontrol Version 3.1.0

Artist Mix:

Firmware up to date 1.5.2

Logic Pro:

Logic Pro Version 9.1.8

Logic Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 4, 2014 7:02 AM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2016 2:57 AM in response to chrishayzel

Besides normal setup suggested by the documentation of your AVID Artist device (which will not give you working solution yet, just as you explained) you need to follow a set very simple steps, here's the solution that solved this problem for me:

Open System Preferences -> Other -> EUCON. This opens EUCON Preferences window

a) Check that your Network Interface is the one you use (for instance, your laptop is connected via WiFi and Artist Mix is connected to the same router via ethernet cable, then you select WiFi as the interface)

b) Open Finder -> Applications, locate your Logic Pro icon, DRUG AND DROP IT into EUCON preferences window (somewhere into Application | Path | Protocol white list)

This should fill in the list (it turns from empty into something where Application is Logic Pro, Path is /Applications/Logic Pro.app and so on).

You can - and I guess you even have to - add there you other applications like Final Cut. All those you want to use with Artist device(s).

This is it... Once I've done it and turned to Logic, all things were like they should be, like it's shown on AVID videos... I wish they documented this easy step properly, saving tons of waisted time for us, poor customers.

P.S.

Finally after adding apps to the EUCON list you may be forced by OS X to reboot/restart everything... That completes the effort

Logic Pro 9 not seeing Avid Artist Mix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.