Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't work

Safari will not load any pages. The internet is not the problem as it works on my other devices and I recently updated safari. I don't know what the problem is , at the moment I have no access to the internet via my MacBook. Any suggestions how to fix this?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7

Posted on May 4, 2014 10:13 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2014 11:33 AM in response to Kateff1

Updating to Safari 6 for Lion may help. Apple has not posted a Safari 6 standalone installer but there is a workaround.

Click here > Safari Quits Every Time Opened: Apple Support Communities

Then click the link posted by: gregoryfromcork

That will automatically download this file > Safari6Lion.pkg.download

Now quit Safari.

Go to your Downloads folder and double click that file and follow the instructions for installing.

Then restart your Mac, try Safari.

Jul 27, 2015 10:49 PM in response to Gnanavel S

I did a clean install of OSX Lion, after years of things accumulating in my mac, and was surprised by Safari not working.

I ran into the trouble described at the beginning of this thread regarding Safari not working after an upgrade to OSX Lion. I thought should be an easy fix, right.

Even after the lengthy software updates, still didn't work. And those of you that tried to find a usable link to simply download Safari 6.0 probably were led to dead links or to the Apple site, that sent you to the Apps Store, and no direct link.

I almost gave up until I found this usable link, via WebCrawler search engine, and voila', free and easy working download. Simple as it should be. Yes, it worked. Hope it is a simple solution for you as well.

Just scroll down to EXTERNAL MIRROR 4 6.1.6 Lion

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/Safari.shtml#download

Best Regards

Don

Safari won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.