Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring an old iPhoto library to a different mac

A few months ago I got a new Macbook Pro because my old Macbook no longer worked properly. I have been trying to access all of my old photos from my external hard drive, but have been unable to. I have tried many things. I have even tried searching of all of my photo files, but the computer will not recognize any of the ones that used to be in my itunes library. Does anyone know what to do about this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 4, 2014 10:55 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2014 11:21 AM in response to Crystaltito

I actually just got it to work. I couldn't use time machine, seaching for the photos didn't work, and just trying to read directly from the harddrive didn't work either. I had to copy my libray on to my new computer to open it. In retrospect, I should have tried that first. hahaha... Oh well live and learn.

*The iphoto versions are the same, I had my old computer complete uptodate with mavericks before switiching.

Thank you for your help!

Restoring an old iPhoto library to a different mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.