Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using upper AND lower case fonts in iMoive - How?

Can smoen please tell me how to get lower case fonts in a title in iMovie 11? I know there have been a lot of changes wihth thie version and it has a lot or power I want to explore- this one has me stumped

HELP!

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on May 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 12:00 PM

I love all of my apple products, but this is so incredibly lame. writing in all caps is no way to communicate. i've wasted a good amount of time on something so simple and still haven't figured this out....weak!

26 replies

Oct 21, 2017 11:43 AM in response to ThatAnnoyingGuyAgain

I wish it was only as bad as that. It took more than an engineer with poor judgement or lack of awareness to do this. It also took a good size fail in the quality assurance process.

That is best case.

Could it be that lengthy consideration of this issue yielded a decision to use only caps on titles because the experts in charge of such things "know" that is the best way to make titles for videos? That would be worse.

It is pretty unbelievable no matter what and part of a growing trend that is deeply disturbing to me.

Nov 25, 2017 8:24 AM in response to NotoriousSoul

I was using iMovie today for the first time in a very long while (years) and noticed this problem as well.

The quickest workaround solution I found on my mac mini was as follows (sounds long, but only takes a minute):

Drag the Title box that has the effect you desire into your timeline as usual.

Open the TextEdit app separately. Type the word (or words) you want in lowercase (or upper/lower combination) in this app.

Then "cut" the text from the TextEdit app.

Return to iMovie app. Click on the all Cap text default in your editing panel until it highlights all the words. Then "paste" right over that. (The text you typed into the TextEdit app and then cut should paste directly here and eliminate the ALL CAPS default text simultaneously).

You should also be able to revise the new text as desired (upper or lower, change font, etc.).

I imagine there are other apps or areas you could type, cut and paste from, but the TextEdit app on my mac mini was the first one I tried and it worked ok.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck.

May 5, 2014 2:21 AM in response to TheWalkers

Sorry if my suggestion was trivial but its an easy mistake to make and one that I have made many times.

Quite a number of the title styles are only in capitals and you can't change these to lower case but most allow upper and lower case. Can you not type lower case on any title? I have never before heard of such a problem.

Geoff.

May 8, 2014 2:29 AM in response to GeeD

I've tried and there will be black shadows on the corner of the titles.

i'm using "expand" at the moment, however, when the title expands, the lenth of a line will be extended, so the text will change to fit in the size of default text frame. (try with a sentence takes two line and you'll see)

help! is there any way that i could add a text frame or so?

May 8, 2014 2:53 AM in response to ceciliasichen

I'm not sure I understand what you want. Is it that you have a long title and text gets too small and you'd rather have multiple lines?

You could use one with a subtitle

If you don't mind having static text (no animation) you could use a basic one like "Upper" or "Centred". These offer maximum choice over fonts and you can use the return key to do do rudimentary formatting by choosing where you want to start a new line.

Geoff.

May 8, 2014 3:23 AM in response to GeeD

thanks for you patient and apology for my poor english skill.

at the moment i do need animation in the first palce, the thing is, my "title" is a sentence, and it will automanticaly take two line if i select the font size to 80, when i was applying the "expand" title style, in the beginning of the animation, it was fine, however, when it goes on expanding, the words in one line takes onger than before so some words were moved to the second line.

please refer to the images, first one was the beginning of expanding animation, the second one is what it is changed like ("40" was moved all of a sudden to the second line).

thanks.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Using upper AND lower case fonts in iMoive - How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.