Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else also still having problems to order a printed book with pictures from iPhoto? Can you help?

When I try to order a printed book, I can not get any further than to "check out". Then I get "oops the store is temporarily unavailable". It has been like this for the past two days.

Everything else works on the Macbook Air. Mail, iTunes, surfing etc

Posted on May 4, 2014 12:39 PM

15 replies

May 4, 2014 1:05 PM in response to hhoyer

What is your iPhoto version? You need iPhoto '09 or iPhoto '11 to be able to order a book. For earlier iPhoto versions printing books has been discontinued.

Check, if there is any problem with your book by making a pdf preview, see: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Look for any missing photos, that might indicate that one of your photos cannot be processed.

If you have iPhoto '09 or iPhoto '11 try to order your book after booting into Safe mode:

See: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

May 4, 2014 1:15 PM in response to hhoyer

Also what print product store are you trying to order from? Give this fix posted by another user a try:

1. Quit iPhoto.
  2. From the Finder menu bar, choose Go > Utilities to access your Utilities folder (or press Shift-Command-U).
  3. In your Utilities folder, open Keychain Access.
  4. Find the "NetServices" entry in your Keychain Access window. User uploaded file
  5. Select the "NetServices" entry and press the delete key.
  6. Reopen iPhoto and attempt to place your order again.
  7. You should be prompted to enter your account information if you deleted the Keychain entry successfully.
  8. After entering your account information, you should be able to complete your order.

Also read this Apple document: iPhoto: Difficulty submitting a book, card, or calendar order

OT

Anyone else also still having problems to order a printed book with pictures from iPhoto? Can you help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.