Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had air port express connected to wireless network then upgraded my router in the process changer wifi network name & need to reconfigure my airport express to connect to the new network and boost the signal range

I had an airport express connected to a wireless network then upgraded my router, in the process changed the wifi network name & need to reconfigure my airport express to connect to the new network and boost the signal range, I do the airport utility search but nothing is found?

Posted on May 4, 2014 5:37 PM

5 replies

May 4, 2014 6:16 PM in response to louisejayneroberts

If you only wanted to use the Express for streaming iTunes and/or share a USB printer, then you could configure it as a wireless client to your new Netgear router.

However, if your goal is to extend the Netgear then you would have, at least, two other choices:

1. Get a second Express. Connect one to the Netgear by Ethernet. Configure it and the second Express for an extended network.
  2. Check with Netgear to see if they offer a wireless extender for their products. (Note: You could still use the Express in this case for iTunes streaming.)

I had air port express connected to wireless network then upgraded my router in the process changer wifi network name & need to reconfigure my airport express to connect to the new network and boost the signal range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.