Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7.1.5 iPhoto is messed up big time!

Hi, having problems with my iPhoto. Trying to rebuild library... this is what Ive been getting so far.

Ive tried so many things and think Ive stuffed it all up... 😟 help please!!!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 4, 2014 10:26 PM

14 replies

May 4, 2014 11:41 PM in response to simzee76

iPhoto 7.1.5? Simple solution: restore from your back up. If that's not possible:

To create and populate a new iPhoto 08 library:

Note this will give you a working library with the same Events and pictures as before, however, you will lose your albums, keywords, modified versions, books, calendars etc.

In the iPhoto Preferences -> Events Uncheck the box at 'Imported Items from the Finder'

Move the iPhoto Library to the desktop

Launch iPhoto. It will ask if you wish to create a new Library. Say Yes.

Go into the iPhoto Library (Right Click -> Show Package Contents) on your desktop and find the Originals folder. From the Originals folder drag the individual Event Folders to the iPhoto Window and it will recreate them in the new library.

When you're sure all is well you can delete the iPhoto Library on your desktop.

In the future, in addition to your usual back up routine, you might like to make a copy of the library6.iPhoto file whenever you have made changes to the library as protection against database corruption.

May 5, 2014 12:54 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

Ok I should of said version 7.1.5 of iPhoto 08..?

Anyways, thanks for answering. I havent tried anything that you've suggested as yet just want to give you update before I got your reply.

I ended up double-clicking iPhoto Library (original) ...its called that because I tried to restore from time machine but nothing was working...long story. Anyway, it said couldnt find library or something so had to create a new library. At least now I can open iPhoto. Could not before at all! This obviously has none of my photos in it etc.

So should I still go with your suggestions as above?

I realise you said at the start: simple solution, restore from backup (which I do have) but it wasnt working. Was I doing it the wrong way? I'm not sure....argh...sorry!

May 6, 2014 8:39 AM in response to VikingRC

Where are yo looking - it is on the left in every upload/attach/open/browse window

There are many, many ways to access your files in iPhoto: You can use any Open / Attach / Browse dialogue. On the left there's a Media heading, your pics can be accessed there. Command-Click for selecting multiple pics.

User uploaded file

(Note the above illustration is not a Finder Window. It's the dialogue you get when you go File -> Open)

LN

7.1.5 iPhoto is messed up big time!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.