Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the iphone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchased items 2014

the iphone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchased items

Posted on May 5, 2014 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2014 11:14 AM

Hello 7283,

Thank you for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with syncing your iPhone. It sounds like you computer is not authorized for some of the purchases on your iPhone.

I am not sure if you have authorized your computer, but I recommend trying that first. If you have purchases from multiple Apple IDs on your iPhone, you will need to authorize all the Apple IDs used to make purchases. Use these steps:

1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to authorize.
  2. Choose Store > Authorize This Computer from the menu bar.
    You may need to show the menu bar to see this option in Windows. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

If you have already authorized your computer, I recommend reviewing the following article for additional assistance:

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1389

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2014 11:14 AM in response to 7283

Hello 7283,

Thank you for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with syncing your iPhone. It sounds like you computer is not authorized for some of the purchases on your iPhone.

I am not sure if you have authorized your computer, but I recommend trying that first. If you have purchases from multiple Apple IDs on your iPhone, you will need to authorize all the Apple IDs used to make purchases. Use these steps:

1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to authorize.
  2. Choose Store > Authorize This Computer from the menu bar.
    You may need to show the menu bar to see this option in Windows. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

If you have already authorized your computer, I recommend reviewing the following article for additional assistance:

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1389

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Sep 20, 2014 10:27 AM in response to sheila_m.

I am having this issue as well. I just purchased the 5s yesterday and am now getting this issue. The phone did sync initially gut then started asking me for weird passwords for other users? I am not aware of this phone being refurbished and got it new at the store, not used. I have gone through all the suggestions for reauthorizing my computer and it is fine. But still get this error. Do I restore my iphone then? It is not even 24 hours old. I did update to ios 8 though.

May 5, 2015 9:14 PM in response to 7283

I know this is an old thread, but I hope this helps someone.

Delete your Podcasts. I was in the same boat for MONTHS. It was driving me insane. I had done everything every other forum had told me to do: logged out/in, restarted computer, deleted hidden folder, everything. What FINALLY did it for me was deleting the podcasts on my phone through iTunes. I don't know why it was Podcasts that was screwing it up, but after I deleted them, it began syncing again immediately. If nothing else works, try deleting your podcasts: worked for me.

the iphone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchased items 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.