Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connection problems with Jabra

Eversince I bought the Jabra Revo wireless headphones I had problems connecting them to my Macbook 15 Retina. When I get it connected it doesn't play the sound. When I disconnect it I get this message

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6kj8bdticdq7p1/Screenshot%202014-05-05%2013.34.49.png

The same happens with my Jabra solemate speaker. Most of the times it doesn't work but sometimes it connects and plays perfectly 😟

I updated the Jabra firmware on both devices. They work flawlwssly with my Iphone 5s and with the Ipad Air.

Is there any way to update/repair the bluetooth drivers on my mac? I'm on OSX Mountain Lion.

Thank you!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Retina 2012, 16Gb, I7, 512 SSD

Posted on May 5, 2014 3:44 AM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2015 8:56 AM in response to rhezaplv

I have experienced the same on a MBPr 15. You may want to check /var/log/system.log for any Bluetooth entries as this may help shed some light regarding why there's connectivity problems. I've had the same experience with my Jabra Revo bluetooth headphones, and have noticed this occurs more frequently when I'm resuming the laptop from sleep over a period of time.

What I've also noticed is that this doesn't occur as frequently when trying to connect to the Revo headphones when the macbook has been cold-booted (i.e. powered up from a powered off state) rather than resuming from sleep. This may be that the bluetooth kernel extension may have some difficulty with reinitializing after sleep resume.

TL;DR = try cold-booting your system and see if you still have Pairing / Connection problems.

Jul 21, 2015 4:07 PM in response to Radeonus

I have a 15 inch non retina. I have also been having problems with my Jabra Revo Wireless since I got it. I also don't have trouble connecting to my iPhone 5s, iPad 2, or iPad air 2. It seems to have the most connection trouble if I do not try to connect as soon as I turn the computer on. However, I just restarted my computer (because I couldn't connect headphones after computer has been on for around an hour) and I still cannot get it to connect. I tried forgetting the device, and now the computer does not see it to pair it again. I have successfully forgot it and re-paired in the past. Jabra has never offered any information that has fixed my problem. The only thing they suggest is resetting the headset, but this does nothing to help.

Bluetooth connection problems with Jabra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.