Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't use Find My iPhone notifications to receive verification codes?

Hi supporters,

My mail :

My apple id :

I want to enable 2-step security and I do not want my phone number to receive sms. I want to receive the code via my ipad. I do not see the option to receive the code via open although I find my phone on my ipad. you can look at the picture.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you

<E-mail Edited by Host>

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 5, 2014 4:06 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2014 6:24 AM in response to Minh Tuan Nguyen

Hi Minh Tuan Nguyen,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It's necessary to set up two-step authentication using an SMS-capable phone number, in addition to receiving verification codes from Find My iPhone notifications. For more information, see the frequently asked questions:

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570

Is an SMS-capable phone number required to use two-step verification?

Yes. When you set up two-step verification, you're required to add and verify at least one SMS number for your account. Add the SMS number that you use most frequently. For example, the number you use with your iPhone or other primary phone. You can also add an SMS number used by someone close to you, such as a spouse or other family member, in case you're temporarily without access to your own devices. Landline or web-based (VOIP) phone services can't be used with two-step verification.

How do I use Find My iPhone notifications to receive verification codes?

Find My iPhone notifications can be used to receive verification codes on any iOS device with Find My iPhone turned on. Learn how to set up Find My iPhone.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

I can't use Find My iPhone notifications to receive verification codes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.