Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

average delivery time for macbook

on about average from anyone who has ordered their macbook on the apple site, how long has it takin you from the day u put ur order in till the day u had it at your door? thx

Windows XP

Posted on Aug 27, 2006 8:16 PM

15 replies

Aug 27, 2006 9:06 PM in response to mcdan

mcdan-

it depends on whether or not you customize your macbook (upgrading RAM and hard drive).

i have a custom macbook and it took me 7 business days from the day i ordered online. but that was a week ago. now, there is a longer wait because of a shortage (back-to-school) so you can surely add in a few days to the order. when i ordered, it took apple 3 days to ship. now it will take 5 days (or longer).

hope this helps!

Aug 28, 2006 4:13 PM in response to hujaboy

i ordered mine last tuesday, got the apology letter today, and was unpleasantly surprised to see that the time they expect that it will take to get here (the actual shipping part through fedex) is also longer! may just be an error, but i paid for the faster shipping for a reason... i gotta get out of where i am right now. instead of 2-3 days, its estimated to take 5 days. not very happy about that at all

Aug 31, 2006 12:09 PM in response to mcdan

I ordered a standard 2Ghz Macbook (white) with RAM upgraded to 1MB on Aug 21, website said expected ship date Aug 24, it's Aug 31 and expected ship date is still Aug 24. I've heard nothing from Customer Care - no email, no letter, no phone call - and my Mac hasn't shipped. Every time I call customer service it's a different story and one guy told me I would get it in October!

Do you think Apple has had to make changes on their production line and it's slowed shipments down?

Aug 31, 2006 1:06 PM in response to mcdan

I ordered mine on the 17th with an upgraded hard drive, i got the apology letter, and it should be shipping today but im still waiting for it to say shipped... 2 weeks for it to get shipped is pretty rediculous, especially when they get your hopes up saying that it will take 1-3 days. I understand the school rush, but still. I really hope I dont have a problem like the one above, cause I think i'd actually flip out...

Sep 1, 2006 4:37 AM in response to LoungeBob

Ordered mine on Aug 18, estimated delivery on Sept 1.
Now the delivery date has been changed to Sept 13!! I
hope they don't change it again as 4 weeks delivery
time is enough.

Mac
OS X (10.4.7)

Macbook (soon) Mac OS X
(10.4.7)

Received another e-mail from them - now the delivery is on Sept 22!!!

Do not order from Apple unless you are willing to wait at least 5 weeks!!!!

Macbook (soon) Mac OS X (10.4.7)

average delivery time for macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.