Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes sharing between user accounts

Hello-

My wife and I share the desktop. A few years ago, I created 2 user accounts to log in to the desktop. Apparently iTunes does not share the library between the accounts and thus we created 2 different libraries with purchased music from 2 iTunes accounts on the same desktop.

Is there anyway to merge the files or to share the library so that she does not have to login to her side to access her purchased music? I'm sure it's probably a simple move of files to a common directory, but i'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks

Posted on May 5, 2014 8:46 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2014 9:44 AM in response to Michael Murphy3

thank you for your response, but i am not sharing between devices or between computers.

it is the same computer, but different accounts. These are 2 accounts on the computer, and thus iTunes. Turning on home sharing does not share libraries on the same computer?

Does your document still apply? It does not appear to be addressing my issue.

May 5, 2014 11:43 AM in response to Christopher Hong

Sorry, I think that this official Apple Post ought to do it.

iTunes: How to share music between different user accounts on a single computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1203

Chris CA is an expert, so if you don't understand Chris's expert advice and/or you don't understand the official post here, then simply take a break, relax, and come back and try again.

Best Regards,

~mm

itunes sharing between user accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.