Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i transfer photos from my icloud to my PC?

iPad

Posted on May 5, 2014 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2014 10:21 AM

Hello there, emz14.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information in regard to getting photos from iCloud to your PC:

iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4486

Particularly:

How many photos are stored in My Photo Stream on my devices and computers?

iCloud pushes all your photos to the My Photo Stream album on your devices and computers, and manages them efficiently, so you don’t run out of storage space.

Your iOS devices keep a rolling collection of your last 1000 photos in the My Photo Stream album. From there, you can browse your recent photos or move the ones you like to your Camera Roll or another album to keep them on your device forever.

Because your Mac and PC have more storage than your iOS devices, you can choose to have all of your My Photo Stream photos automatically downloaded. In iPhoto or Aperture preferences on your Mac, select Photos (or Photo Stream) > My Photo Stream > Automatic Import. All of your photo stream photos will be imported into your Events, Projects, Photos, Faces, and Places folders in iPhoto or Aperture. On your PC with My Photo Stream enabled in the Control Panel, all of your photos will be imported into

C:\\Users\<user name>\Pictures\iCloud Photos\My Photo Stream
. For iCloud Control Panel 2.1 to 2.1.3 users, the path is
C:\\Users\<user name>\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream

If you are working on a Windows computer and need to download the iCloud Control Panel, here is a link for you:

iCloud Control Panel 3.1 for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2014 10:21 AM in response to emz14

Hello there, emz14.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information in regard to getting photos from iCloud to your PC:

iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4486

Particularly:

How many photos are stored in My Photo Stream on my devices and computers?

iCloud pushes all your photos to the My Photo Stream album on your devices and computers, and manages them efficiently, so you don’t run out of storage space.

Your iOS devices keep a rolling collection of your last 1000 photos in the My Photo Stream album. From there, you can browse your recent photos or move the ones you like to your Camera Roll or another album to keep them on your device forever.

Because your Mac and PC have more storage than your iOS devices, you can choose to have all of your My Photo Stream photos automatically downloaded. In iPhoto or Aperture preferences on your Mac, select Photos (or Photo Stream) > My Photo Stream > Automatic Import. All of your photo stream photos will be imported into your Events, Projects, Photos, Faces, and Places folders in iPhoto or Aperture. On your PC with My Photo Stream enabled in the Control Panel, all of your photos will be imported into

C:\\Users\<user name>\Pictures\iCloud Photos\My Photo Stream
. For iCloud Control Panel 2.1 to 2.1.3 users, the path is
C:\\Users\<user name>\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream

If you are working on a Windows computer and need to download the iCloud Control Panel, here is a link for you:

iCloud Control Panel 3.1 for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.