Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone 5C for the first time?

Hi, I bought iPhone 5C so I am wondering do I have to fully charge battery for the first time or not?How should I use It for the first time because there are many articles on the internet that address this issue so I am little bit confused 😕

Posted on May 5, 2014 2:33 PM

17 replies

May 6, 2014 9:57 AM in response to Dragan_

A few battery tips...

You can start using it out of the box, or charge it, whatever you like, doesn't matter either way.

You cannot overcharge the device, thus you can leave it plugged in as long as you like.

You can and should charge as often and as long as possible... deep discharges are hard on lithium batteries. Normal mobile use will usually result in the one charge cycle/month that Apple recommends although it's OK to fully discharge and then recharge to 100% every once in a while to recalibrate the battery meter.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

May 7, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Dragan_

Dragan_ wrote:

Thanks for advices guys, paulcb can you explain this sentence "normal mobile use will usually result in the one charge cycle/month..".

Apple recommends running the phone unti it shuts itself off then charging it completely once a month. This calibrates the battery sensor. What paulcb is saying is that you don't generally have to set aside time to do this specially. Most people will have it happen through normal use.

Not doing it won't hurt anything, by the way. Your battery indicator just may be off.

May 7, 2014 2:20 PM in response to Dragan_

... paulcb can you explain this sentence "normal mobile use will usually result in the one charge cycle/month..".

Normal mobile use would be, for example, using 50% and then charging it, using 10% and then charging it, using 75% and charging it, and so on.

Two 50% discharges/recharges equals a single charge cycle and four 25% discharges/recharges equals a single charge cycle, assuming they are fully charged each time.

Note that you don't have to fully charge to 100% everytime you charge it. Essentially, just use the device as a mobile device (using the battery) and charge it when you get a chance.

This is a good site to learn about batteries... http://batteryuniversity.com/

Using iPhone 5C for the first time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.