Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection problems

I'm trying to connect my iPad Mini to my Sony flat screen TV using a lightning digital AV adapter made by Apple and an HDMI cable. The TV shows no signal and I have no indication from the iPad mini that's the connection has been made. The TV connects beautifully with an HDMI cable using my Toshiba laptop. What am I missing?

iPad, iOS 7.1.1, Mini

Posted on May 5, 2014 5:09 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2014 8:35 AM in response to Skufisj

Hello Skufisj,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I found this article that has more information about using the Digital AV adapter with iOS devices.

iOS: About Apple Digital AV Adapters

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

Specifically this part:

Troubleshooting

If you encounter an issue using the Apple Digital AV Adapter or VGA Adapter:

• Disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the iOS device and display.
  • Connect directly to the TV, projector, or external display using a known-good VGA or HDMI cable.
  • Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters.
  • Note that accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signal to other video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) are not supported.
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS. Some Apple Digital AV Adapters require iOS 5.1 or later.

Note: When using an Apple Digital AV Adapter manufactured before early 2012 with iPad (3rd generation), you may see the "This accessory is not supported" alert. Dismissing the alert will allow you to use the adapter.

For optimal performance, you may need to adjust the video resolution or settings for your display. If your display offers an "auto detect" or "factory default" setting, you may be able to use these options to optimize video resolution and display.

Take care,

Alex H.

Connection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.