Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aiport Express to extend network

Hello, I purchased an Airport Express to extend my Airport Extreme network. How do I set up the Airport Exress

Posted on May 5, 2014 5:14 PM

5 replies

May 5, 2014 5:26 PM in response to BBerry68

We need more information to be able to help.

Which version of the AirPort Extreme do you have?

Round, dome shaped? Flat, square shaped? Tower shaped?

What operating system are you using on the Mac or PC that will be used to set things up?

Are you planning to "extend" by connecting the Express to the Extreme using a wired Ethernet connection? (highly recommended).

Will you try to "extend" by using a wireless connection with the AirPort Express?

If you have a flat square AirPort Extreme or a tower shaped Extreme, you can also use an iPad or iPhone to set things up. We can provide step by step, we just need more information from you, as we know very little about what you have and what you want to do. Let us know which way you want to go.

May 5, 2014 5:39 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hey Bob,

Don't mean to butt in your convo but I've been unsucessfully trying to extend my airport extreme (802.11n 2nd Gen) with a airport express (802.11n 2nd Gen). I've done the whole setting my express on top of the extreme to get it set up under the Airport Utility but when I unplug it from the outlet and move it upstairs and plug it back in, I get a yellow blinking light? I was told that I should set the wireless radio mode on my extreme to 5GHz? Is it really this compicated to set up or is the wireless signal too weak for the express to pick up?

Any help would be great!

-Jose

Aiport Express to extend network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.